Capital a person is invested in keeping the protection of y our systems and our clients’ information. We appreciate and encourage protection scientists to make contact with us to report vulnerabilities that are potential in every item, system, or asset owned by Capital One.
To learn more about simple tips to submit prospective vulnerabilities, check out our Disclosure that is responsible Program
Our correspondence Practices
When you e mail us:
- Once you initiate connection with Capital One, we’ll validate your identification before sharing username and passwords or transactions that are performing your behalf.
- Our agents, whether within the phone or inside our branches and cafes, may request you to validate information we now have on file or ask other questions to verify your identity.
- Our agents will likely not ask you throughout the phone to produce your online banking password.
Whenever we contact you:
- We might contact you by email with offers or even provide username and passwords. If you’re ever in doubt of a communication example, forward any suspicious e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Fraud division may contact you when we detect unanticipated task on your own account. Fraud agents will demand verification of the identification ahead of speaking about your account.
- We may contact you via text to ensure an attempted cost (to stop fraudulence), but we are going to never ever request you to verify or validate your private information in an unsolicited text.